Pam Marlin
pam@dmarlin.com



HOME     SERIES II     SERIES III




UF
The Faithful Five at Peabody Hall

Almost like it was yesterday, five UF pioneering faculty members who served under both Presidents Sledd and Murphree, pose for a photo on the steps of Peabody Hall around 1930. These five professors, J.N. Anderson (Professor of Latin and Greek), J.R. Benton (Professor of Physics and Eletrical Engineering), C.L. Crow (Professor of Modern Languages), Jas. M. Farr (Professor of English) and W.L. Floyd, became known as the "Faithful Five" in certain university circles.



UF
Peabody Hall

Florida 4-H boys pose for a photo after attending a short course on the UF campus in Gainesville at the entrance to Peabody Hall in the 1920s.



UF
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

The boys of old Florida stand in the south endzone of Florida Field in the 1930's and today, in a much expanded stadium.



UF
Ben Hill Griffin Stadium

In those days, students studied while waiting to buy football tickets. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, 1950s.


UF
Florida Field

New guys practice where the old guys played, Homecoming game against Auburn, October 14, 1950.


UF
Florida Field

University of Florida football player Shaw Buck in uniform on Florida Field in the 1930s.


UF
Officers stand on the steps of Dauer Hall

Officers (probably during WWII) stand on the steps of the University of Florida's historic Dauer Hall in the 1940's. Dauer Hall was the first student union before it was moved to the current site, the Reitz Union.


UF
Peabody Hall

Cars parked at Peabody Hall in the 1920's and today.


UF
Buckman Hall

The 1911 junior class poses for a photo in front of Buckman Hall. A vine grows along the entryway in the old photo.


UF
Thomas Hall

Students stand at the entrance of Thomas Hall on campus. The original photo is from the scrapbook of Jackson MacDonald (1917-1925) and can be seen on UF Digital Collections website. The students in the photo are, from left to right, MacDonald, Barwick, Hogarth and Scott.





blog comments powered by Disqus