P. Marlin June 2014
The historic McKenzie House, located on University Avenue in Gainesville, Florida, was built in 1895 and is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. This magnificent three-story Queen Anne style Victorian home is known as one of the most elaborate Victorian buildings in Gainesville's history. Perry Colson purchased the home in 1903 and sold it to William Turner Pound, the first husband of Mary Phifer. In the 1920's, Mary Phifer married Reid Hill McKenzie. She lived in the McKenzie house until she was 83 years old. The home is now a bed and breakfast.
The photo above was taken of the McKenzie house in 1911 and the one below was taken in 2014. The house was in a bad state before being renovated.