P. Marlin May 2014
Built in 1925 in Gainesville, Florida, the gas station was originally located where the downtown parking garage is today. It served as a Gulf Oil car service station and changed hands many times until the city acquired it in 1974. In the mid-1980s, it was moved to its current location near the Bo Diddley plaza, and the Regional Transit System used it as a ticketing office until 2007. The Gainesville Community Redevelopment Agency agency gutted the building to give it a practical commercial layout and in 2009 the Gainesville Lunchbox opened and is still there in 2014.
Bethel Gulf Company Service Station before being moved across the street to it's present location. Gainesville, Florida (1986)
As the Gainesville Lunchbox today